Images & recipes © Christine Mercer-Vernon unless noted otherwise. Please play nice when sharing and give proper credit and link backs.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

What is going on? or WTHIGO


Well dear readers I have to ask…

What the hell is going on?

It is March 15th and we could see temperatures as high as 80 degrees today.

It should be freezing cold.

My yard, which has more weeds than grass, is currently flowering.


What doesn't have weeds or grass, has moss, which is also sending up it's feelers.


I feel like I'm in a parallel universe.

Literally.

I'm also in food hell.

Over the next 6-8 weeks you are going to see some serious food overhauls going on.

Which is odd, considering we eat pretty healthy.

It seems healthy foods and I are at war.

I can honestly say that this has been
the most frightening week of my life.

More so than that moment my water broke 5.5 years ago and I realized that I was going to have to squeeze a tiny human out my lady parts. (am I the only person that had a mini-panic attack when that moment arrived?) 

I've experienced anaphylaxis for the first time.  And second time. In just three short days.

As well as several more mild yet just as allergic reactions to foods I eat EVERY FREAKING DAY.

I now own epipens (which are flippin' expensive, but worth it if you consider the alternative) and a ton of anti-histamines. 

So let's look at more flowers and take a deep breath…


Honestly, I would like to just type a post full of nothing but the F word and pictures of the offensive foods being pulverized in my food processor, but that would probably scare people.

Instead, I'm going to post another photo of flowers.


Because flowers keep me from freaking the hell out.

They are also pretty, and a welcome sign in what's been a very long week.

Although I have refrained from smelling them,
I'm not taking any chances.

I'm not sure what's going on with this weather, but I'm glad it's here. I'm not glad that all the bugs are already out and that is surely not a good sign.

But the sun feels pretty darn good,
and the fresh air is fabulous.





2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh wow, Christine, I hope you're okay! And yeah, the sun and fresh air are great, but glad I'm not the only one who thinks this weather is just a little too freaky...

cmv... said...

thanks jen. it was weird sending shelby to school in capri's and a tee in march??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...