Images & recipes © Christine Mercer-Vernon unless noted otherwise. Please play nice when sharing and give proper credit and link backs.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Violet Lemon Seltzer...


With temperatures in the 80's and slightly humid, and so much time spent picking tons of violets, I couldn't wait to use the syrup in a seltzer.

Violet syrup and seltzer alone is ok, but with lemon... very refreshing!

I made a second batch of syrup last night and I'm considering a third if I can find the time to pick four more cups of flowers.  I'm thinking of lots of summer seltzers, lemonade and iced tea.


Violet Lemon Seltzer
[printer friendly]


  • Half of a fresh Lemon
  • 2 Tbsp Violet Syrup
  • Seltzer Water
  • Sprig of mint if you are feeling fancy
  • Handful of ice cubes


Squeeze the lemon half into a glass, be sure to get all the good pulp.

Add the Violet syrup and stir to make a slurry.  Add a few splashes of seltzer and mix well to dissolve the syrup before adding the rest of the seltzer.

Add a few ice cubes then fill the glass with about 8-10 ounces of seltzer.

*******************

This is very light, I'm not one for a sugary drink and I've worked so hard to reduce or eliminate my sugar use throughout the day, so I used just enough syrup to taste it, you can add more if you have a sweet tooth, although reducing sugar use is a good thing. :]


... our resident toads have returned. This guy was outside the garage door dining on tons of bugs under the light.

4 comments:

Painting Tips and Tricks said...

Thanks for sharing! i like your blog!...Daniel

cmv... said...

thank you Daniel, I'm glad you are enjoying it.

TaraLarsenChang said...

One of my favorite things to drink in the summer is raspberry vinegar seltzer. Similar idea, but with making a syrup of the (homemade) raspberry vinegar, so you get that sweet-sour tang splashed over your ice. Wonder if you could make violet vinegar...?

cmv... said...

oh tara that sounds good. when you get a chance definitely share the recipe. I have a little violet water left, not enough to make syrup, so maybe I'll give it a go.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...